In the summer of 2016, Hessle Rangers Football Club started a project 40-years in the making – establishing a home base. Established in 1976, Hessle Rangers currently has 26 teams and almost 400 players – boys, girls and adults.
A home base that the club can maintain and invest in will ensure the sustainability of the club and allow it to grow further ensuring there are opportunities to play football for boys and girls and men and women of all ages and abilities who want to play competitively or socially.
The home of Hessle Rangers will be an environment providing fun and healthy activity for the local community and the wider area.
Hessle Rangers are the long-term leaseholders of the designated sports pitches on the site of the former Hessle High Lower School. The site hosts hundreds of games of football and hundreds of hours of training and other activity every year.
- We will improve the facility with a pavilion housing changing rooms for players and officials, WC facilities, meeting and learning spaces and the ability to cater for the users of the site. Planning permission has already been attained for the minimum specification.
- We will secure the perimeter of the site to create a safe environment for all users of the pitches and pavilion.
- We will install new car park around the pavilion and along the internal access road to the sports hall.
- With permission and feasibility, we will transform the existing sports hall into a modern, indoor sports facility for the use of the club’s teams, members and the wider community.
- To create facilities that will enhance the development of community football in Hessle and East Yorkshire.
- To create facilities that will aid Hessle Rangers in enhancing the quality of the workforce involved in engaging and developing male and female footballers and delivering priority outcomes of the East Riding County FA such as increasing disabled participation, promoting walking football and retaining players of all sexes and abilities beyond the age of 16.
- To generate wider community interest in the facilities and the football club by developing facilities that offer use for social, health and educational activities and encourage and support volunteers.
- To create a sustainable community business model to generate income to meet the costs of the project and to support the club’s players, teams and workforce for the long term.
- To provide a good quality 11v11 pitch.
- To improve the quality of the pitches on the site.
- To provide a home for Hessle Rangers FC.
Hessle Rangers are working with East Riding of Yorkshire County Council, the East Riding County Football Association and the Football Foundation to deliver this project.
How you can help!
Sharing this page with your friends, family and any businesses you think may be interested or able to help with funding or expertise will be a huge help.
Hessle Rangers are raising the funds to deliver this project. We require sponsors in exchange for advertising space in the new facility which will be seen by hundreds of users weekly.
Personal donations, big or small, will help us enormously. Every single penny is crucial and very much appreciated.
Support the events Hessle Rangers will be running with the specific aim of raising funds to create the facility.